8 Lessons Learned: Homes
Tired With Your Dark and Enclosed Rooms? Here Are Some Ways to Make Them Appear Spacious and Bright
It is the dream of every homeowner to have a well decorated home. However, everything in your house will not look great without enough light and space. Some houses have large windows allowing much light coming in, while others have small windows. But, there are some ways you can apply in order to maximize the light inside your house. Here are some things you should know.
1. First, you need to consider using plain light wall color. Doing this makes your place appear bigger and brighter. The problem with using dark colors and bold patterns is that they make your space look enclosed. So, choosing smooth, plain and light colors for your wall makes your space appears bright and airy. You don’t have to worry that your room will look very plain because you can dress it with the right accessories. Making your home look spacious and bright can help you when selling your house in the future. Plain white wall is appealing to everyone, so redecorating your house for the best price is not very hard and costly.
2. Another way to maximize the light coming in the room is to replace your doors and windows. A door with large glass panels can improve the light coming in the room. Or, you can add a sliding glass patio door. Replacing your window with something that allows more light to come in is a great idea. The doors and windows in the market today are more efficient especially when it comes to energy. This makes spending some worth it.
3. Having a large mirror inside the room can also help. This is one of the best ways to improve the light inside the room. Position it opposite to the window to bounce the light around. Whatever room it is, a mirror can sure make a dramatic difference.
4. Add the perfect curtains and blinds. It is ideal to choose thin dress curtains and blackout roller blind. So, you can easily roll down the blinds to make the room dark and roll to the top to allow light coming in. The use of thing curtains make your window very personal while not blocking too much the precious light from the sun.
5. Lastly, have more lamps and lights. The more lights and lamps you have, the more bright your room will be. For your larger rooms, consider having table lamps and statement floor lamp.
It is not actually hard to make your house spacious and bright, you just have to use these simple tips above.